My husband is a Cookie Monster! Here is a recipe for some yummy low-carb chocolate chip cookies so you can feel guilt free when eating them. I cut this recipe in half because I wanted to see how they turned out...they were great right from the oven and then became a little spongy...lol! Sounds weird but they were still delicious...like little sponge cakes! The flavors were OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I will keep tweaking it but for now they are great!
Low-carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened, not melted
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
1/3 cup Lakanto brown monkfruit sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups almond flour (I use Blue Diamond)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
3/4-1 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
1-2 tablespoons coconut flour (optional)-only if you want them fluffier
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
2. Cream butter and coconut oil with a hand mixer until combined.
3. Add both sweeteners, egg, extracted to creamed butter mixture and beat with hand mixer. Add the coconut flour here if you are using it.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
5. Add butter mixture to the flour mixture and continue to beat with the hand mixer.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips and use a cookie scooper or a tablespoon to drop the cookie dough on the lined pan.
7. Bake for 7-8 minutes and let cool on the counter.
Yields about 32 cookies.
Serving Size is 1 cookie but we ate way more!
Nutritional Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 100 total; Fat: 9.5g; Saturated Fat: 4.5g; Sodium: 39mg; Carbohydrates: 3.5g; Net Carbohydrates: 2.5g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 0.94g; Protein: 1.98g